The bathroom I currently have is the smallest I have ever had. I am not a person who has loads of products, I can fit all my makeup in one hand (check out my capsule make up collection here) but even I have been struggling for storage space. Because of this, my bathroom is the number one place for clutter to accumulate. It doesn’t matter what I do, my drawers become a mess. Here I will let you know all my top tips and secrets to organize a small bathroom.
My bathroom has 2 drawers which are quite deep to store products but that is all! I wanted to put large shelves up on my wall but there are live wires throughout the interior of the wall so that wasn’t an option.
Create More Storage
I found these shelves from Amazon which glue onto the wall which are perfect for a small bathroom; due to their size and it doubles up as a towel rack. I am absolutely amazed at how sturdy they are, with no drilling required. I simply put the glue that comes with the shelves onto the back of them, used a leveller and attached them to the wall so they are level. They come with stickers that hold them in place while the glue dries. I left them to dry for 2 days and they were ready to go.
Use Vertical Space
The trick to organizing a small bathroom is to use the vertical space in your room; Adding additional hooks for storage is another great way to store items away from limited surfaces and floor space. You also want to avoid as much visual clutter as possible. Try to reduce the amount of stuff you own and store items out of sight or in containers/jars that are not so visually distracting.
Another good option is to use these over the toilet shelves. They add loads of extra storage, without taking up loads of space and requires no drilling. I didn’t opt for these as I have a wall-to-wall mirror behind my toilet that I don’t want to block.
You Might Love
Declutter Your Bathroom Products
Claim back your bathroom storage space by getting rid of items you don’t need. You can follow along my bathroom declutter on Youtube here.
- Take all of your products out of the bathroom and put them into a different place (this helps so you can see how much stuff you really have when they are not in their familiar locations)
- Sort items into categories – Put all your products into separate piles; one for hair, makeup, skincare, dental hygiene, shower/bath, beauty tools etc.
- Evaluate what you need – It can be difficult to let things go so try to think about whether it is something that is expired, a duplicate, used enough, do you like it? Can you put duplicates half emptied bottles into the same container? Should this item even be in the bathroom?
- Dispose of what you no longer need – recycle, donate, give to friends and family and throw away.
Organize Bathroom Products
Decide how you will put your items back. Everything should have a home, be easily reached and visible.
– You could put some products into plain dispensers as it reduces the visual clutter in your space.
– Use smaller clear dividers in drawers to separate items and stop your drawers from becoming really messy
– Use clear boxes for under sink shelves to store items by category
– Use shelving with cute containers to display products. I would suggest putting products that are neutral coloured without lots of labels to keep the space looking clean and clutter free.
– Add extra hooks to hang items
Marvel in the aesthetic wonder of your new bathroom storage. I am so proud of this one, it makes me enjoy getting ready in the mornings!